What is curation?
Curation is the new content aggregation trend that is increasingly popular worldwide. Curation can be defined as the selection, organization, enhancement and presentation of online content typically using an expert that is able through his knowledge, to professionally give existing content a new and significant meaning. The end product of curation can be a blog, newsletter, infographics, webpages and most importantly tubes or video channels.
There are billions of hours of video content out there, waiting to be discovered, classified, organized and presented. Curation is not only about acquiring a collection of relevant content, it also includes developing it, enriching it and arranging it in a way that best informs and inspires the public. Curation is telling stories using content that already exists on the internet.
Curate your own videos
If you have a YouTube channel or a collection of videos on the Internet, curating your own channel is the logical step to take your creator game to the next level. Use the videos you already have on YouTube, but fix them your way, with your own look and feel, design, run your own ads, monetize your own content and in the process, position your own channel and brand. You are the best expert in the world on yourself and thus, makes a lot of sense to use your own videos to build your own VLOG.
Your.Tube is the ultimate video curation tool. Use it to tell your story using your own videos and to create your own channel. One of the limitations of YouTube and other video platforms is that they only display your videos and do not allow you manipulate your look and feel nor to control your own traffic, users and advertising. Your.Tube will let you blend your content and your social media into one.
Advantages of having your own channel
There are several advantages of having your own channel in addition to your YouTube channel.
1) Fix it your way. Add your own logos, images, look and feel and display your videos the way you want. See your videos displayed the way you want to and display your brand predominantly and not under the more powerful YouTube brand.
2) Own your users and understand their behavior by displaying your own statistics, see where they visit you from, how long they spend on your site, the operating system of their devices, if they are connecting from their mobile or their computer and other stats that will help you understand your audience.
3) Display your own advertising, monetize your content, leverage your videos and create alliances with advertisers and other content creator like you.
4) Create your brand and your own distribution network by creating short links to your videos. Direct your traffic exactly where you want to and highlight the content that is more important to your strategy. With your own domain name you can add an e-mail address that matches your channel and makes you look more professional.
5) Position your content and videos on search engines by positioning your website. Don’t rely only on the organic traffic you get from YouTube, generate your own leads and visitors.
This is how to create a distribution network for your videos and brand yourself as easy as 1,2,3
1) Register a .TUBE domain name and tell the world you mean video. Add additional services such as e-mail and build a professional presence.
2) Use our VLOG curator to create your own channel using the videos you already have on YouTube. Add your look and feel, logos, texts and display your own ads.
3) Use the links tool to create smart short links to each of your videos.
4) SEO your channel and position it on search engines.
Finally, by registering a .TUBE domain name you automatically Become a Member of the #TubeCrew where we will work to increase the footprint of your videos and where your personal video brand will be promoted and amplified.