Today's job market is the most highly competitive ever, that is why creating a video resume to accompany your traditional CV can make you stand out from the crowd. Most recruiters require applicants to submit a resume and cover letter as part of applying for a job position. But more and more, recruiters want to meet people and not resumes.
An image is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a thousand images and so, with the assistance of Video, the resume experience can be enhanced both for the candidate as well as the recruiter. Video and Resume are like a match made in heaven.
Why consider submitting a video resume along with your traditional resume
There are many reasons why a candidate for a job should consider a video when applying for a position and why recruiter favor more and more video resumes. Among the reasons, there are at least five that stand out.
1) There is just something about the personality, energy and attitude of a person which a CV can't capture. Video can give a sense of a candidates personality, eloquence, how articulate and his communications skills.
2) A vide resume can greatly simplify the application process. It helps bring objectivity to the process by easily filtering the candidates that stand out. Although it’s harder for candidates to create a video resume, it saves a lot of time for recruiters.
3) Video resumes can be played and shared across devices and media. Potential candidates for a job can be viewed on desktops, or laptops or tablets or even smartphones.
4) The right video resume can be relevant to the job you want to do. For instance, if there is an opening for a role in the online media or creative professions, a video resume that shows the creative skills of the candidate can tilt the recruiter’s decision in favor of the candidate who presents the most creative video. Just be careful not to overdue or miss the focus because that can have a counterproductive effect. Candidates must make sure that their video is appropriate, otherwise it will do more harm than good.
5) Video resumes are an additional filter for recruiters, but they are not a substitute for the traditional printed resume. It is also not a substitute for a real, in-person interview so a video resume must be viewed and a a personal teaser trailer.
Traditional companies may not be open to these innovative formats. Video resumes sent to companies that don’t get it, may do the candidate more harm than good. However, more and more companies are embracing video because they recognize the power of that format.
Yourname.Tube, the perfect home of your video resume
If a candidate sends a resume to a recruiter and in the resume, aside from his e-mail address and phone number, the candidate references www.hisname.tube, the recruiter will immediately know what to expect from that site, the video resume of the candidate. A .TUBE domain name will tell the recruiter that the candidate is all about video because that is what domain names are all about, telling others who you are, what you do and where to find you.
A .TUBE domain name is perfect for building your online resume. .TUBE is short, memorable, cool, highly brandable and means Video throughout the world. Your name paired with a .TUBE domain name will make you look professional, recruiters will know exactly what they will find, your resume or your videos.
.TUBE is so cool and short, that if you choose for instance yourname.tube, it will be easy to create your handle @yournametube in all social media platforms improving your branding and making you look more professional with recruiters and head hunters.
Get your video resume on line with a .TUBE domain name as easy as 1,2,3
1) Register a .TUBE domain name and tell the world you mean video
2) Create your resume and unify unify your social media accounts and your domain under a single name. Either create a domain name that matches your existing accounts or based on your Domain Name, create your social media presence.
3) Add your .TUBE address to your resume and send it to potential recruiters, they will be very impressed by your professionalism.
By registering a domain name you automatically become a Member of the #TubeCrew where we will work to increase the footprint of your videos and where your personal video brand will be promoted and amplified.